Reasons that Causes Bad Breath
We are very peculiar when it comes to our health. Even a small pimple leads to chaos. Nowadays people spend majority of the money on their doctors. We’ve a dietician, dermatologist, cardiologist, etc. Well, a lot many people ignore oral hygiene because they don’t know its importance. And with the increasing dental braces prices in Dubai people are ignoring dentists as they think they loot their hard earned money. Reality if stated, dentists suggest expensive treatment because people don’t take care of their oral hygiene. The most common complaint dentists often hear is ‘Bad Breath’. In medical terms, it is known as ‘Halitosis’. It is caused by poor dental habits. visit http://dentalcaredubai.com
Halitosis is increasing day by day because the basic brushing and flossing process isn’t carried out properly. Here are the major causes of bad breath:
- Poor Dental Hygiene: Improper brushing and flossing is the basic cause of bad breath as food particles get stuck in between the teeth. This leads to the formation of sticky and colourless film of bacteria (plaque). Few bacteria which get stuck to the tongue also contribute to bad breath.
- Food: Food items like garlic, onions and few spices create bad odour if they are stuck in the mouth for a long time. Other food items after chewing also get stuck which also lead to bad odour.
- Tobacco: Consumption of tobacco products and smoking causes unpleasant odour in the mouth. This leads to various gum diseases which is a contributing factor to bad odour.
- Dry Mouth: Saliva production helps to clean the mouth and also removes bacteria. Dry mouth means less production of saliva which also contributes to bad breath.
- Medication: Certain medications disturb the taste inside the mouth which causes bad odour.
- Infection in Mouth: Infection in mouth like ulcer creates a foul smell in the mouth leading to bad odour.
- Other Diseases: Diseases like cancer develop a distinctive bad odour as a result of chemicals the diseased cells produce.
To eradicate all these symptoms, regular brushing and flossing is must and intense care should be taken when it comes to oral hygiene.